Announcement Announcement

No announcement yet.
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Time
  • Show

• May Server Merge Q&A

Click image for larger version  Name:	L2RW_F_banner_06_EN.jpg Views:	3 Size:	43.4 KB ID:	24332
    Greetings, Heroes of Aden! Our Q&A is here to help answer some of the pressing questions you may have about the upcoming server merge. We’ve added as much detail as possible to the answers, so please read through for information regarding the server merge!

Q1. What happens to my owned characters?
    • Don’t worry! Characters from merged servers can be retained all at once. The first page will show the 4 characters with the highest levels. Any characters that are Clan Leaders will be prioritized regardless of their level. Selecting additional character slots (aside from the 4 available slots on the first page) will enable you to check on the rest of your characters. However, please note that characters not on the first page may be deleted in distinguished times.
    Q2. What happens to your Character Effect?
    • Only the 4 highest leveled characters will count towards the Character Effect. The Effect will also only apply to those 4 highest leveled characters.
    Q3. What happens to Ranks?
    • All Arena Ranks will be reset upon server merge. After the merge, other ranks that are visible from the Ranking Menu will be recalculated based on each server’s character ranks.
      *The Total Honor Points for the Arena will be maintained.
      *The levels of the 4 highest leveled characters will be added together to recalculate the 'Ranking Character > Total Level' list.
    Q4. What happens to conquered Fortresses?
    • The statuses of all Fortresses will be reset. Clans that conquered and held Fortresses prior to the server merge will receive separate rewards.

Q5. What happens to Titles?
    • All Titles other than Rank-based Titles and Titles awarded for conquering Fortresses will be maintained.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	1523521069.png Views:	1 Size:	46.9 KB ID:	24353
    Q6. What happens if there are characters with the same name on the servers getting merged?
    • If two characters from merging servers have the same name, a special character (@, #, %, ^, ~, !) will be added to the end of their name. If your name if affected by such a change, a ‘Character Name Change Ticket’ will be sent to your Mailbox.
    • You may use the Ticket even if your name exceeds the character limit.
    Q7. What happens if there are Clans with the same name on the servers getting merged?
    • Like character names, a special character (@, #, %, ^, ~, !) will be added to the end of the Clan’s name. A ‘Clan Name Change Ticket’ will also be sent to the Clan Storage. Please note that only the Clan Leader can change Clan names.
    Q8. What will happen to Friends, Diamonds, Topazes, Loyalty Points, Currency and other Items?
    • Friend Status will remain the same. Suggested Friends list and Friend Request status will reset.
    • Any owned Red Diamonds will be moved with the character, and any owned Blue Diamonds/Topazes/Loyalty Points will be sent to the Mailbox.
    • Owned items will stay within the character’s Inventory.

Q9. What will happen to the Trading Post?
    • Trading Post Sell/Purchase information will be moved over to the new merged server. Data will be retained.
    • Among the items that are in your inventory, sold items will be in Sold status. Items that were not sold will be expired and shown in the Sales list.
    • Expired items can be posted back in the Trading Post.
    • Purchase information will remain the same.

Q10. What will happen to the Mailbox?
    • Account Mailboxes will be merged upon server merge. Character-specific Mailbox and Clan Mailbox information will be moved over as is.
    Q11. What will happen to merging servers?
    • Please check the Server Merge table below.
    • Ken Rauhel 4’s server name will change and will not be merged.
    • Oceania’s Bartz 01 server and Europe’s Deforge servers will be not merged.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.png
Views:	2
Size:	6.3 KB
ID:	25862

Was this Q&A helpful in answering your questions? Please note that details may change! If there are any changes to this notice, we will be sure to let everyone know. Feel free to reach out on our social media channels or the Forum for additional inquries! Thank you.

Click image for larger version  Name:	L2RW_F_banner_10.jpg Views:	603 Size:	36.9 KB ID:	24331

Q what servers merge?

Comment

• Tifossis
      Tifossis commented
      Editing a comment
      and when :S
      also are we allowed to select to which server go?
      Last edited by Tifossis; 04-12-2018, 03:17 AM.

• Entrou
      Entrou commented
      Editing a comment
      They probably won’t reveal this. Logically it would be very damaging if they revealed the servers ahead of time since everyone will go troll and make duplicate guild names and character names to try to damage the top players and guilds by stealing their identity.

I literally hate NetMarble right now. The absolute worst thing they could possibly do is merge our servers - and they are doing so at the same time as adding new ones. It makes no sense and the net result will be so many more people will leave the game that it will be a wasted exercise.

Every single change NCSoft/Net Marble is making right now is the complete opposite of what the majority of players want. The only ones supporting these changes are the P2W bullies who are running off the player base, to begin with.

I fing knew better than to ever play an NCSoft game again - I had HOPED Net Marble would be the difference. Huge mistake.

Excited? Fing no I am not excited, I am pissed. I wasted months playing this game
    Last edited by LittlePea; 04-12-2018, 04:06 AM.

Comment

• Demonik
      Demonik commented
      Editing a comment
      I am not a pay-to-win player and I want the server merge. PvP is stale on my server so a merge will be good.

Server merge takes places ussualy when a game developer does so many mistakes and errors that force more than half population / server to quit. As i said before the yestarday Update was designed mainly with the purpose of keeping in game the p2p players by giving them something to do / to keep them busy until May 2019 when...surprise ...server merge occurs.
    New servers are to atract (maybe ) new players or the players aka rerollers.
    When server merge occurs the game is preaty much dead if the developer doesnt take apropriate mesure to assure a fun game enviroment for all ( f2p / p2p / p2w) becouse the p2w and p2p population depends very much on f2p population (usually on normal condition at 60% from total population).

p2p /p2w/ f2p.... is no fun when you farm form something (scrolls adena) 2-3 weeks and you get something like this on weapon + 15 that is now + 11:
    0-0-1-0-1-0-0-0-1-0-0-0-1-0-0-1

Before i was farming for enhaced scrolls and maphirs...but after i got 3 failed in a row from + 16 i didnt see any befinit in buying them from shop or farming them.

Good Luck!
    Im out from this forum.

Comment

Can't wait for the merger, playing at the top it will be nice seeing new clans, make new friends and new enemies! Can't wait to see how clans will shuffle and alliances are going to broken and new ones made! We are clearly on our way to Castles! Keep up the great work netmarble, your game is awesome!

Comment

r
        Originally posted by RinNeo View Post
        Server merge takes places ussualy when a game developer does so many mistakes and errors that force more than half population / server to quit. As i said before the yestarday Update was designed mainly with the purpose of keeping in game the p2p players by giving them something to do / to keep them busy until May 2019 when...surprise ...server merge occurs.
        New servers are to atract (maybe ) new players or the players aka rerollers.
        When server merge occurs the game is preaty much dead if the developer doesnt take apropriate mesure to assure a fun game enviroment for all ( f2p / p2p / p2w) becouse the p2w and p2p population depends very much on f2p population (usually on normal condition at 60% from total population).

p2p /p2w/ f2p.... is no fun when you farm form something (scrolls adena) 2-3 weeks and you get something like this on weapon + 15 that is now + 11:
        0-0-1-0-1-0-0-0-1-0-0-0-1-0-0-1

Before i was farming for enhaced scrolls and maphirs...but after i got 3 failed in a row from + 16 i didnt see any befinit in buying them from shop or farming them.

Good Luck!
        Im out from this forum.
        You are so misguided as a human being it hurts.

Good riddance, crybaby.

Edit: also why would you yolo a +15 weapon. Save until you have enough maphyrs to protect. So much heartbreak can be avoided by people not letting their ego convince them they can beat RNG that’s not in their favour.
        Last edited by Entrou; 04-12-2018, 06:43 AM.
        -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        || (EU) Ken Rauhel 04 || Entrou || Silver Ranger || 1,177,000 CP ||
        -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by LittlePea View Post
          I literally hate NetMarble right now. The absolute worst thing they could possibly do is merge our servers - and they are doing so at the same time as adding new ones. It makes no sense and the net result will be so many more people will leave the game that it will be a wasted exercise.

Every single change NCSoft/Net Marble is making right now is the complete opposite of what the majority of players want. The only ones supporting these changes are the P2W bullies who are running off the player base, to begin with.

I fing knew better than to ever play an NCSoft game again - I had HOPED Net Marble would be the difference. Huge mistake.

Excited? Fing no I am not excited, I am pissed. I wasted months playing this game
          You are literally completely incorrect, as in your thoughts are the opposite of what will happen.

Server merge is the BEST thing that can happen right now. It will make the pvp way more competitive and enhance the competitive atmosphere of the game.

What planet do you live on that you don’t understand this? How are people on this forum so misguided about basic logical principles ?????

Literally every single person I know that plays the game is over the moon about this merge. Christ some of us are going out for drinks this weekend to celebrate it.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSkills View Post
            Can't wait for the merger, playing at the top it will be nice seeing new clans, make new friends and new enemies! Can't wait to see how clans will shuffle and alliances are going to broken and new ones made! We are clearly on our way to Castles! Keep up the great work netmarble, your game is awesome!
            Glad to see one person in this thread who gets it

Comment

Originally posted by DrSkills View Post
              +1

Comment

Originally posted by Entrou View Post

Glad to see one person in this thread who gets it
                I'm happy I sorta have this game figured out and can enjoy it. yolo weapon at +15 LOL

Comment

It appears that the server merge is finally upon us, with our alliance being the strongest on any server. I wonder what possibilities this will bring for our alliance as we dominate the clans that exist on other servers. Should be fun xD.

For my Question: How come the names are determined by a first come first serve basis instead of combat power? I think this would be a better way to do things.
                  Last edited by Ace Combat; 04-12-2018, 09:32 AM.

Comment

The fact that they have specific servers at all is pretty silly.

You just make it so each tier of play is just as valid with just as many things to do as every other tier - just with less prestigious rewards.

You allow people to help lower levels by adjusting your skill and levels down to theirs and giving you both full rewards for whatever you were doing.

And then instead of individual servers, you have ONE world (or maybe one world for a given group of time zones). And you instance the maps (like you already do).

Now you have one world with one ladder. And you play with your friends and your clanmates. You do what you want, and never have trouble finding people to queue for various dungeons or activities.

win win win.

Many popular MMOs have taken this stance and it's worked fine for them.

Comment

Can you please make the name changes avail in the shop? Just in case some people get screwed over by this merge mess - which I feel is very likely to happen.

Ty.

Last edited by Lineage23; 04-12-2018, 11:13 AM.

Comment

And I'm still waiting patiently for cosmetic content

I can see a server merge having both pros and cons.
                        ForestJade of Windawood04
                        "A jade is as organic and beautiful as nature is"

Comment

>Can you please make the name changes avail in the shop? Just in case some people get screwed over by this merge mess - which I feel is very likely to happen.

They are if you read the announcement. You will get an automatic rename if somebody on the merged server also has your name.

If they had the name before the announcement, neither of you can get the old name.
                          If they made the character after the announcement, the person who had the name first can go back to it if they wish.

Comment

Working...
                          X