Announcement Announcement

No announcement yet.
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Time
  • Show

• Developer's Note: May’s New Update Preview - Part 1

Click image for larger version  Name:	L2RW_F_banner_06_EN.jpg Views:	4 Size:	43.4 KB ID:	25619
    Greetings, Heroes of Aden! We’re back with part one of the update preview as promised in the previous developer's note. Some long-awaited content is in the new update, so let’s get right to the preview!
    • Castle Siege (Pre-season)
    • Level expansion to Level 260, territory expansion with the addition of Oren
    • More Dungeon difficulties
    A server merge will occur with the May update as mentioned in the previous Developer's Note. Castle Siege comes hot on its heels, and we’re sure that the competition will be fierce! A level expansion and new territory are being added to help quench max-leveled Heroes who are thirsting for more adventure. That’s not all! Dungeon difficulties are being added to raise the ante in terms of rewards and the challenges provided. First, we’ll briefly go over the much anticipated Castle Siege.
    • A total of 4 Clans can participate: 1 Defending Clan, 3 Attacking Clans
    • Bidding is available if Clan Level is 5 or higher
    • Castle Conquer Reward: Access to the Castle Conquer Shop, Trading Post tax benefits, and a Conquer Buff

Castle Siege consists of a Defending Clan and 3 other Attacking Clans that battle to conquer or defend a castle. Clans that are Level 5 or higher can enter a bid for a Castle. Castle Siege is fiercely competitive, but that’s because the rewards are worth it! Basic Adena, Exp., and Proof of Blood rewards are awarded, but the biggest motivation to win will likely be the Castle Conquer Shop, the Conquer Buff, and the Trading Post Tax Reward. The Castle Conquer Shop (which is included in the Castle Conquer Reward), the Conquer Buff, and the Tax Reward will be added when the official season begins. The Tax Reward is a perk that will allow you to receive Diamonds based on the number of trades made at the Trading Post. Conquering a Castle will be meaningful in a lot of ways, especially as the Conquer Shop will have a variety of hard-to-acquire items available for purchase in the future.

Shall we now cover the basics of battle?
    • The map is split between the Defending Clan and the 3 Attacking Clans
    • The Defending Clan must prevent imprinting of the Holy Artifact, whereas the Attacking Clans must imprint successfully to win
    • Combat is free-for-all, but Allied Clans cannot be attacked. Alliances can be forged even while Castle Siege is in progress
    Click image for larger version  Name:	L2W_공성전_EN.jpg Views:	1 Size:	149.7 KB ID:	25607
    Like Fortress Siege, the match is decided by imprinting a Holy Artifact. Only Clan Leaders are able to imprint. Instant Revive and the normal method of reviving are also available. Since Castle Siege involves 4 Clans in total, however, it’s crucial to plan strategically. Clan Leaders and Elders will be able to ping a location on the minimap, but it will be seen by ALL members in the Castle Siege. It’ll be useful not only for offensive and defensive strategies, but as a tool of deception, as well. Using orders along with pings will be quite effective when enacting a plan.
    We’ll be covering the official season, bidding, and combat schedules closer to the update. Now, let’s jump to the next thing in our preview: Level and Territory expansions!
    Click image for larger version  Name:	1.png Views:	1 Size:	778.5 KB ID:	25606
    Max level will increase to 260 with this update. The territory in which you will pursue your Main Quests is called Oren and even stronger monsters will be lurking there. Their Cores will also be available! There are three areas within Oren: the ‘Northwind Plateau,’ the ‘Eternal Lands,’ and the ‘Ivory Tower Conquered Territory.’ Additional Achievements and rewards will be added with this content. With the expansion comes new competition within the Level Up and Combat Power rankings, so be prepared!
    The Dungeons and their difficulties will also be expanded to accommodate this level expansion. The expansions are listed as below:
    • Daily Dungeon - ‘Hell’ Difficulty
    • Temple Guardian - ‘Hell’ Difficulty
    • New Elite Dungeon - ‘Forest of Secrets’, 'Forest of Secrets Understory', 'Ivory Tower Catacomb Laboratory' added
    • Tower of Insolence expanded to Floor 100
    More rewards will be available with the new difficulties, of course - but in the same vein, even more Combat Power will be needed to conquer them.
    We’ve covered Castle Siege, the territory expansion, and dungeon difficulty expansions with this edition of the Developer's Note. Have we introduced enough information to spark your curiosity? We’ve gone over a lot here, but there will be even more surprising news next week. Until then, happy hunting!

Click image for larger version  Name:	L2RW_F_banner_10.jpg Views:	632 Size:	36.9 KB ID:	25620

Still no Censorship toggles?

Comment

I don't understand why I can play games like HIT where you can literally put the characters in lingerie, but apparently an elf not wearing ugly spanks would be crossing the line. Not to mention that it's only our version that got censored. I haven't met a single person on this game that I thought was a kid, it's all 20-40 somethings, but I guess we need to be protected from dwarf panties. Please put a freaking toggle switch net marble. It's extremely frustrating that you censor our version and no one else's, almost like you think less of us. Plus you are already losing players and making it openly known that you censored only our release doesn't help.

Comment

• DokiZuzi
        DokiZuzi commented
        Editing a comment
        WTF never saw some guy complaning about cyber panties before, this is the first for me lol

Originally posted by Wrestat View Post
      I don't understand why I can play games like HIT where you can literally put the characters in lingerie, but apparently an elf not wearing ugly spanks would be crossing the line. Not to mention that it's only our version that got censored. I haven't met a single person on this game that I thought was a kid, it's all 20-40 somethings, but I guess we need to be protected from dwarf panties. Please put a freaking toggle switch net marble. It's extremely frustrating that you censor our version and no one else's, almost like you think less of us. Plus you are already losing players and making it openly known that you censored only our release doesn't help.
      yes cause ½ naked dwarfs will fix that players leave?

I personally never noticed as i have never taken my amour off. dont know why you would tbh..

Comment

• Soular
        Soular commented
        Editing a comment
        You don’t need to take armor off to look good. We want uncensored original sexy/hot armor looks like summer girls bikini as example! I’m interested in looking good on my character so why not do it? Luckily there are other ways to play the game how we want to(Asia L2Rev on English region). But wold like to stay on eu becase of the big time zone difference.

It's not about being able to see the panties lol, it's the fact that they felt the need to censor our version of the game at all. Our version of the armors has pieces added that were obviously an afterthought, and Its frustrating that they would feel the need to censor it when none of the others are censored. I am not asking that they put the original armors in as default, just put a toggle switch, that way if you don't like them you don't have to use them, but don't give us a crappy knockoff version where you can easily tell which pieces were added.

Comment

• DokiZuzi
        DokiZuzi commented
        Editing a comment
        Might be just some law thing in europe, thats all

Originally posted by Ykoa View Post

yes cause ½ naked dwarfs will fix that players leave?

I personally never noticed as i have never taken my amour off. dont know why you would tbh..
      it's not the no armor textures that are altered, it's the armors. Nightmare, majestic, etc.

Comment

The difference in laws in Europe I hadn't thought of, and that's a valid point. I would appreciate it if a mod would verify that.

Comment

mods pretty unresponsive here i think..like why fixed digital analog mode is still not fixed..so fed up with ticking that box only for it to untick itself 2 seconds later...whyyyyyy!? i want it on.permant!

Comment

This update is coming too soon imo!

It will only make the strong stronger, and the weak weaker. It will increase the gap between the old players and the newbies, with result to be discouraged to continue playing. Also new players will not start the game because of this gap. I was started playing the game when the lvl cap was at 120, and that was ok. If the lvl cap was 260 I would have started.

Finally I think this update benefits only the p2w players and will be the end of the f2p players. May be it's something that netmarble wants... I don't know... I'm just saying...

Comment

• Entrou
              Entrou commented
              Editing a comment
              You are the most negative person I've encountered in a long time. Good lord, you see a huge content update and your only reaction is making a bunch of nonsense up p2w vs f2p? I really don't regret clicking on your name from that other post. What a riot this has been, I'm laughing my butt off .

Oh look no mention of Adena Vault Very Hard (Let alone Hell which is due out with this update, we haven't even gotten Very Hard from the last update yet)

BS like this is why I don't give netmarble a penny of my money anymore, stop ruining the game with your greed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wrestat View Post
              Out of all the issues that need fixing, you harp on the fact you can't see dwarves in skimpy clothing.. holy mother that is some cringe.
              " B-b-but why don't m'dwarves show skin!"

Comment

Originally posted by FieryCat View Post
                Oh look no mention of Adena Vault Very Hard (Let alone Hell which is due out with this update, we haven't even gotten Very Hard from the last update yet)
                Oh look, this is only part 1. Going to laugh my a** off when part 2 comes and they mention new adena dungeon.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWayne View Post

Out of all the issues that need fixing, you harp on the fact you can't see dwarves in skimpy clothing.. holy mother that is some cringe.
                  " B-b-but why don't m'dwarves show skin!"
                  LOL I don't really have any other issues with the game, if it has as many issues as you make it sound like then quit playing. I love the game itself and I think if my only real complaint is a cosmetic issue I'm getting a good game. Maybe you should mention the issues you have instead of trying to mess with me.

Comment

I play on two different versions of the game, NA I and the version entitled Lineage 2: Revolution 2.0 (Oceania?). Will the North American, European and Latin American servers be getting the player city, along with individual character storage and account storage. Also, will we be seeing more Daily Benefit packs and more of other types of package deals for purchase, as found on servers in L2:R 2.0? Two big reasons for the large numbers of players leaving the NA/EU version of the game. One is that new content was not released quickly enough to keep up with player progression through the game. Many players who had reached end game became bored and left. The L2:R 2.0 servers have had more timely updates, it does not cost players as much to imprint runes and do other things in game, as it costs players on the NA/EU servers. In an online interview, prior to the NA/EU launch of Lineage 2: Revolution, the COO of Netmarble mistakenly underestimated the ability of Western players to learn and do well on an Asian style game. Perhaps, if all versions of the game were the same, fewer players would have left and all players have the same kind of game experience. I won't go further into detail on the game version differences. The NA/EU servers have lost enough players as it is. I do hope that the developers or whomever is making these decisions will see this post. I chose to post here, so it wouldn't be at the end of a very long thread.

The other reason for large numbers of players leaving has to do with the cost of the various item packages for purchase. North American and European players pay far more for these packs/bundles than other players and we know it. Many of the people who play this game, or who played for some time and left, have played games, like Game of War and Mobile Strike, where in 2016 and 2017, players had to spend hundreds to thousands of dollars a week, if they wanted to advance in those games. More recent games, like Immortal Conquest and some of the Star Wars mobile games have become very popular, because of the way they have set up their gem/item/hero card system. Considering the price of most of the item packs/bundles, players are paying a lot of real money for very few virtual items that only exist on your company's servers and backups. As per the EULA, all game content belongs to Netmarble and/or NC Soft, which means players purchase the ability to use these items, yet the items purchased and the game account belong to NC Soft and/or Netmarble. Not every person in North America and Europe earns an income that allows them to pay $99.99 to get the pack/bundle that gives the players a chance at getting what they need from the chests purchased. I am living on Social Security Disability, which definitely does not provide enough income for most purchase offers in the game. While I understand that NC Soft and Netmarble are in the gaming business to make money, I believe your companies would attract and retain more players, if the prices of items in the shop were made more affordable and if all servers offered more options for the various kinds of packs/bundles, such as the Daily Benefit. One only needs to read the comments under posts on the forum or the game's Facebook page to find dissatisfied players, complaining about the prices of item packs/bundles in the shop and/or how much it costs to play this game. It should not be completely free to play, but it shouldn't cost so much either.

Having started playing the original Lineage II in closed beta, I am a huge fan of this game series. Please do what is right for the players who have stuck with the game and give us the same, rewarding (hint "reward") game experience the Korean and Oceania players receive. Thank you.

Comment

1 complain that lvl updates are fast 2nd complain they are slow. They are (for me) fast then should it be. Cap difference truly get big between new and old players. 2nd in EU servers have too less ppl who are really capped the CP for 180lvl content. Most ppl dont quit bcs of boring, bcs CP cap is hard to get for short time even with money. RNG WALL is the thing that make ppl leave. Like every MMORPG L2 is long period FARM game to achieve max on most things. Most want to spend $$$$ and get max CP for 1 week, rest want to farm 1 month for F2P and get max. Its not suposed to be like this. This game and other on same type want long time playing to achieve something. I play from December 2017. The only thing that i buy for real money is Red Dialy for 28 days. And i am on 840k CP. My leader is full F2P and is 900k CP+. 1st learn to play then start to complain. Ye it has lot P2W and i dont like it, but that doesnt stop me to compatete some of WHALES who know only to put $$$$ and die like absolut nabs bcs dont know what to do in PvP.

Comment

Working...
                      X